明州中美联谊会(CAAM)关于受理2020 CAAM-Stanley Chong奖学金申请的通告
Ana J. Dolny
CAAM Scholarship Committee
附1: Detail Information for Scholarship Application posted on https://www.caam.org/scholarsh
Merit and need-based scholarships for individuals of Chinese descent for undergraduate college tuition.
Application Deadline for school year 2020-2021：January 31, 2021
An applicant must be:
1. of Chinese descent,
2. a resident of Minnesota and American citizen/permanent resident,
3. applicant must agree and promote CAAM’s mission,
4. applicant and/or family have actively participated in CAAM-organized events in the past six years,
5. senior in high school for the 2020-2021 year, with unweighted accumulated GPA 3.5 or above,
6. have not received this scholarship previously,
7. for need-based applicants, with unweighted accumulated GPA 3.0 or above, must provide FAFSA or the latest 3-year Federal Tax Return.
Attention: please read the above part carefully before you start to prepare the application.
1. Applicants must meet all the eligibility requirements listed above.
2. Applicants will be evaluated on their academic records, including extracurriculums, leadership qualities, and community service, including both CAAM and other community service experiences.
3. Failure to maintain acceptable academic performance and exemplary behavior throughout the school year may result in the revocation of the scholarship.
4. For this year, an individual’s special contribution in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic will be considered.
1. Application form must be typed (handwriting is not acceptable).
2. Applicant needs to provide a Cover Letter, three Letters of Recommendation: at least one from a teacher of recent academic years and a mentor or advisor.
3. Applicant needs to provide the latest transcript from the most recent school attended.
4. Any proofs showing your participation of CAAM events or other community services are welcomed.
5. All materials must be submitted by email or postmarked no later than January 31, 2021 for the 2020-2021 school year.
Attention: Incomplete application will NOT be considered.
Download the scholarship application form here:
How and Where to Submit Application Materials
The application materials are preferred to be submitted by email to:
Or submitted by mail to:
CAAM Scholarship Program
Chinese American Association of Minnesota
P. O. Box 582584
Minneapolis, MN 55458-2584
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
The status of the scholarship application will be notified to each applicant shortly after the application deadline and reviewed, respectively.
Scholarship Recipients are encouraged to attend CAAM’s Recognition Ceremony in July or August, 2021.
Recipients will provide CAAM with a one-page biography about what goal or aspiration you hope to achieve with the help of the CAAM-Stanley Chong Scholarship. This biography will accompany the announcement during this year’s Recognition Ceremony.
Recipients will automatically become a member of CAAM with good standing after turning 18 years old.
Scholarship Recipients in the School Year of 2019-2020:
|SN||English Name||Chinese Name||High School|
|1||Andrew Cheng||程康瑞||East Ridge High School|
|2||Leora Derechin||N/A||Hopkins High School|
|3||Ana J. Dolny||佳欢||Washburn High School|
|4||Kevin Gao||高乐||Eden Prairie High School|
|5||Natalie Ku||辜晨歆||Wayzata High School|
|6||Brian Lin||林训生||Wayzata High School|
|7||Matthew Liu||刘浩文||Mounds View High School|
|8||Daniel Ren||任卓航||Lakeville Noth High School|
|9||Xinze Tan||谭欣泽||Wayzata High School|
|10||Jiayang Tang||唐嘉阳||Eagan High School|
|11||Amy Wang||王艾米||Edina High School|
|12||Iris Xu Wang||N/A||Wayzata High School|
|13||Emily Yang||杨乐颖||Wayzata High School|
|14||Lucy Yang||杨璐||Edina High School|
|15||Xinyue Yin||尹欣悦||Minnetonka High School|
|16||Mina Zhang||张明娜||Wayzata High School|
|17||Shihang Zhang||张世航||Irondale High School|
|18||Tony Zhang||张海潮||Blaine High School|
|19||Aunika Zheng||郑雨沁||Mounds View High School|